It was a post Valentine date with my ex-girlfriend (my wife) February 2007 when we decided to head to heart of Lipa City, Batangas for a nature adventure. The place was recommended by her friend and well-known to be a nice place for relaxation.
Like El Dorado
The day was set and started rolling off early Saturday morning. It was a half-hour ride from Sto. Tomas to Lipa City proper, another 15 minutes to Purok 6, Brgy. Lodlod. That was our first time to visit a remote place. Only light vehicles can pass thru from main road to main gate. We hired a tricycle instead. Entrance fee is Php 100/person (without meal), Php 150 with light snacks and Php 175 with sumptuous lunch.
We felt excited to what’s in this place and decided to start walking in…and that was a long walk from the main gate but we’ve enjoy lush green around. The landscape is just like a safari with an ostrich farm that caught our attention. Was my first time as well to see such specie in person. There were picnic lovers, students having their school activity. We had a little tour of its facilities and found a mini zoo that takes care of some species of python, wild cats and birds.
We’d rented a bicycle and further rolled out for a tour (Php 50/hour), ’til we had our lunch. Food is great as well as their restaurant. There were just too many visitors that day that we had to wait for the long queue. What surprised me was a 50-meter high water tank. We’ve climbed up high for a 360 degree panoramic view of the entire farm.
Not only we enjoyed the park but its amenities as well. This place is perfect for family get together, team building or just a weekend place for leisure. There are function rooms, swimming pool and a camp site, maze, perfect for a day of relaxation. How to get there: Private vehicles from Manila:
- take SLEX and proceed to ACTEX toll entry in Sto. Tomas
- proceed to Tambo Exit (Lipa City)
- proceed heading to Lipa City proper but turn right before De La Salle Lipa near Philips Service Center
- head straight then turn right reaching M.K. Lina Road, Brgy, Lodlod
- head straight then left turn to Redemptorist Fathers, which is just a few meters away from Bluroze main gate
Public Transportation from LRT/Buendia or Cubao
- ride a Ceres, KL or CNG Buses either bound to Calabarzon, Tambo Exit (fare is between Php 120-Php 140)
- get off from Tambo Exit and ride a jeep bound to Robinsons Lipa or Lipa City and get off near Dela Salle Lipa
- there are plenty tricycle to take you Bluroze Farms from here, (fare is Php 50-60)
Soon we’ll re-visiting this place.